- 3 Newman Yard, Newman St., London W1
- Hyde, Southampton 
Telemechanics was formed by F.M.Hills in 1946. It later became part member of the Pena Group. When the Pena group went into liquidation in 1959 the Telemechanics activities were re-aquired by Mr. Hills.
|5-channel 23-valve model PT/V2352 projecting onto 4ft x
Announced November 1952 and costing £150.
In the early half of the 1950's, Telemechanics specialised in produced projection sets specifically for projection onto a seperate screen. The primary customers for their products would be for use in clubs and small cinemas.
|The Telemex CT1. Pictures from an advertisment in November
Link to Advert [122K]
Although the majority of their projections sets were aimed at larger audiances such as in pubs, clubs, hotels and such like they did make one attempt at a set for the home viewer, the model CT1. A novel feature of the unit was that it was housed in a coffee table, with the projector section arranged so that it could be slid into the cabinet when it wasn't in use.
The company seems to have dissapeard by the second half of the 1950's.
BACK TO THE
|Page copyright © J.Evans 2005 - Last updated 19th February 2005|